Saturday, 22 September 2001

September 2001 - Newsletter

Scotties back !! (But not for long)

I had a funny start to my break, where I had the chance before we left overseas to get videos out to YFC centres from YFC Conference (for YFC staff), and also edited the CTC 2001 highlights video. But it was good to get it all finished before we flew out. I got one call a day from YFC, (I think they missed me), but this dwindled out over the two weeks. I felt I was truly on sabbatical when I stepped on the plane on the 1st July to Australia to visit my family. It was nice to spend our first week catching up.

Next we hopped onto Singapore Airlines to Amsterdam (I had so much fun playing with all the video gadgets on each seat in the plane. It was great meeting all Renate’s relatives and they really went out of their way to look after us. Holland was very beautiful. We took miles of video and a lot of photo’s. Did I say that the weather was nice and hot? The average was 30 degrees. We spent 3 weeks travelling around Holland. Next up was Los Angeles. We checked out Universal Studios, Hollywood, Seaworld, Tijuanna (Mexico) , Wild Bills Restaurant & Disneyland. This time was very busy, as we had lots of early mornings & late nights, but we had a lot of fun on the way. Following LA we were off to the white quiet beaches of Fiji.

First we went to Treasure Island where a lot of sun was soaked up, and it was such a refreshing time for both of us. After 3 days we headed back to Nadi to stay at the Sheraton. It was so nice to go back, and we were remembered by the staff from our 97 honeymoon, especially Joe who rescued me on the windsurfer when I got blown out to sea and could not get back. I am glad to report that I was in full control this time. I can windsurf!!! By now we didn’t want to come home. We were trying to figure out how we could run a Rock Solid club from the Sheraton. Before we knew it, we were back on a plane and arrived back in NZ for a freezing welcome, power crisis and YES September 11th. We were cold but glad to be safely home again. Now I’m back at YFC into weekly clubs, Breakfast clubs & Summer Harvest work camps to help build the new site ready for 28th December for about 600 campers this year. I am now left wondering where the times gone!!

Scottie & Renate.














Y-One 2002

Next year is going to be a totally different year for both of us. We are stepping into full-time ministry with the Y-One Road show, a Youth for Christ New Zealand touring team. We’re going to be on the road travelling all around New Zealand, and also going to Samoa. The age group of our target audience is 11 – 14 years. Y-One presents the good news of Jesus through creative drama, dance, up-to-date songs and talks.

It’s been a dream of ours for quite a few years to do this. Now we seriously need to look at our fund/ friend raising to help us achieve this dream. We are totally doing this by faith, and we need to raise $5400 each. We would like to give you the opportunity to either do a one-off gift or set up an monthly automatic payment to help us into the future with ministry with YFC. After 2002, Scottie will go back to YFC Northland and Renate’s job has been kept open for her. Will you help us?

Scottie & Renate

Support for: Scottie & Renate on Y-ONE ROADSHOW 2002


[ ] I will pray for you and your team’s ministry. Please send me your newsletter.


[ ] I would like to support you financially on a monthly basis.


Please tick [ ] $100 [ ] $75 [ ] $50 [ ] $40 [ ] $ 30 [ ] $ 20 [ ] $....... Other


[ ] I cannot support you monthly, but enclose a gift towards your support. $...........................


N.B. Please make all cheques payable to Youth for Christ”. Earmark as Scottie & Renate Y-One Support


NAME : (Please print clearly)..........................................................................................


ADDRESS : ................................................................................................................................................


PHONE NO: .(..........)..............................................Email:…………………………………………….

STD

Please post to : Scottie & Renate Y-One Support

Youth for Christ Northland Inc

P O Box 1450, Whangarei


No comments: